From the shutdown’s end to Roger Stone’s indictment, it’s been a busy week in American politics. Here are some of the biggest stories you might have missed (and some links if you’d like to read further).
President Trump agreed Friday to reopen the federal government for three weeks while talks on securing the border proceed, backing down after failing to force Democrats to fund his long-promised wall.
The announcement came after federal workers missed their second consecutive paycheck and flight delays rippled across the Northeast because of a shortage of air traffic controllers.
Over the next three weeks, a House-Senate conference committee representing both parties will try to reach a consensus on a border security plan. Mr. Trump indicated that if lawmakers cannot strike a deal by Feb. 15, he is prepared to close the government again.
The shutdown’s effects will linger, despite the reopening. Taxpayers could face the most chaotic filing season in decades, and many federal workers still don’t know when they’ll be paid.
• Border Wall Is Out of Sync With the Southwest’s Changing Politics
• For a President Consumed With Winning, a Stinging Defeat
• Trump Blinks on Border Wall, and Some in His Base Erupt
With an indictment of Roger J. Stone, Mr. Trump’s longtime adviser, the special counsel revealed the most direct link yet between efforts by the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks to damage Hillary Clinton with material stolen by Russians. Here’s more about the indictment of Mr. Stone, who was arrested by the F.B.I. on Friday, and here are four takeaways.
Lawyers representing Paul Manafort, Mr. Trump’s former campaign manager, denied accusations by the special counsel’s prosecutors that he had repeatedly lied to them. The lawyers said on Wednesday that Mr. Manafort was only guilty of memory lapses and innocent misstatements.
Mr. Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen on Wednesday indefinitely postponed his testimony before a House panel, with his lawyer citing the president’s verbal attacks on Mr. Cohen and his family. The Senate Intelligence Committee has issued a subpoena to compel Mr. Cohen to formally correct false testimony he gave last year about a proposed Trump Organization project in Moscow.
• Roger Stone’s Dirty Tricks Put Him Where He’s Always Wanted to Be: Center Stage
• Everyone Who’s Been Charged in Investigations Related to the 2016 Election
• 5 Times the Trump Administration Has Been Tougher Than Trump on Russia
• Huge Trove of Leaked Russian Documents Is Published by Transparency Advocates
Senator Kamala Harris, the California Democrat and former prosecutor who is the second black woman to serve in the Senate, joined the presidential race on Monday. She declared her candidacy on Martin Luther King’s Birthday, a nod to its historic nature.
Pete Buttigieg, the 37-year-old mayor of South Bend, Ind., also joined the Democratic field. A long-shot candidate, he may test the appeal of a youthful Midwestern profile over more traditional qualifications for the presidency.
Meanwhile, Senator Elizabeth Warren and Senator Kristen Gillibrand spent the week shaping their campaigns.
Ms. Warren is expected to propose a new tax on the 75,000 wealthiest families in the United States, another example of how Democrats are looking to tax the rich to reduce inequality. And campaigning in Iowa, Ms. Gillibrand emphasized her experience representing a conservative House district, hoping to ensure she is not pigeonholed as just another blue-state Democrat.
• Who’s Running for President in 2020?
• As Beto O’Rourke Weighs 2020 Run, Democrats Chafe at His Go-It-Alone Style
• For Democrats, South Carolina Already Looms Large for the 2020 Race
• He’s made friends with autocrats around the world, but Mr. Trump has drawn a red line with Nicolás Maduro, insisting that the Venezuelan leader give up power — the first such intervention in an anti-interventionist presidency.
• The Supreme Court revived Mr. Trump’s policy of barring most transgender people from military service, letting the ban take effect temporarily while litigation continues. The court, however, took no action on the administration’s challenge to the “Dreamers” program that lets young undocumented immigrants stay in the country, leaving the program in place.
• An American service member was killed by enemy fire in Afghanistan, the second United States combat death there this year.
• The United States plans to formally ask Canada to extradite Meng Wanzhou, chief financial officer of the Chinese tech giant Huawei, to stand trial for charges related to violating Iran sanctions.
• The Trump administration says it will start blocking a small number of asylum seekers from entering the United States from Mexico, moving forward with a new policy to turn back immigrants applying for refugee status.
• Representative Sheila Jackson Lee, a Democrat from Texas, will resign as chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation. A lawsuit accuses Ms. Lee of firing an aide who said she was sexually assaulted by a supervisor at the foundation.
• America’s corporate leaders are optimistic that 2019 will bring strong revenue growth, based largely on the assumption that Mr. Trump will make a trade deal with China. But they seem to be increasingly isolated in that view.
• Joni Ernst, the Republican senator from Iowa, said she was a survivor of sexual assault, speaking out reluctantly after personal details from her divorce were made public. Her story drew expressions of shock and support from lawmakers of both parties.
• Michael Ertel, Florida’s newly installed secretary of state, resigned after a newspaper obtained photos of him wearing blackface in 2005, dressed as a “Katrina victim” for Halloween.
Today’s On Politics briefing was compiled by Isabella Grullón Paz in New York.
Is there anything you think we’re missing? Anything you want to see more of? We’d love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com.B:
六开彩开奖现场2017年559958“【不】【想】，【一】【点】【都】【不】【想】。”【方】【莲】【有】【些】【赌】【气】【的】【说】【道】。 【知】【道】【方】【莲】【是】【口】【不】【对】【心】，**【宇】【也】【没】【有】【在】【意】，【只】【是】【一】【个】【劲】【的】【盯】【着】【方】【莲】【看】。【注】【意】【到】【了】**【宇】【的】【目】【光】，【方】【莲】【问】【道】，“【你】【为】【什】【么】【这】【样】【的】【盯】【着】【我】【看】【呢】？” “【因】【为】【我】【想】【要】【多】【看】【看】【你】，【这】【样】【我】【才】【能】【记】【住】【你】【的】【脸】。”**【宇】【很】【是】【不】【舍】【的】【伸】【手】【抚】【摸】【着】【方】【莲】【的】【脸】，【仿】【佛】【想】【要】【将】【她】【的】【脸】【深】
【听】【到】【这】【话】，【看】【着】【美】【女】【记】【者】【隐】【隐】【担】【忧】【的】【目】【光】，【陈】【永】【胜】【心】【中】【无】【比】【的】【清】【楚】，【这】【美】【女】【记】【者】8【成】【是】【担】【心】【自】【己】【中】【了】【其】【他】【猎】【魔】【小】【队】【成】【员】【的】【激】【将】【法】，【接】【了】【自】【己】【根】【本】【完】【不】【成】【的】【任】【务】，【如】【果】【真】【的】【是】【那】【样】【的】【话】，【陈】【永】【胜】【就】【会】【在】【直】【播】【节】【目】**【丑】。 【而】【这】，【恰】【恰】【是】【那】【些】【没】【有】【获】【得】【记】【者】【跟】【随】【的】【猎】【魔】【小】【队】【成】【员】【所】【盼】【望】【看】【到】【的】【画】【面】！ 【毕】【竟】【其】
【第】【二】【百】【九】【十】【三】【章】【虚】【势】【张】【狂】【摆】【姿】【态】 【周】【游】【静】【静】【地】【站】【在】【门】【外】，【他】【知】【道】【刚】【才】【屋】【内】【发】【生】【的】【事】【情】。【游】【天】【行】【的】【身】【份】【他】【自】【然】【是】【清】【楚】【的】，【只】【是】【不】【知】【道】【屋】【内】【的】【姚】【惜】【雪】【对】【此】【有】【什】【么】【看】【法】。 【祡】【石】【虎】【的】【金】**【虽】【然】【是】【被】【游】【天】【行】【抢】【走】【的】，【但】【是】【周】【游】【对】【此】【并】【没】【有】【什】【么】【意】【见】。【虽】【然】【不】【知】【道】【那】【东】【西】【有】【什】【么】【用】【处】，【但】【是】【从】【那】【时】【的】【情】【况】【来】【看】，【游】【天】【行】【此】【举】【还】
【曾】【经】【英】【国】《【泰】【晤】【士】【报】》【评】【选】【过】【世】【界】【危】【险】【区】【域】。 【撒】【哈】【拉】【沙】【漠】【就】【被】【位】【列】【其】【中】，【而】【自】【然】【的】，【被】【其】【贯】【穿】【的】【国】【家】【也】【是】【危】【险】【地】【带】，【但】【就】【是】【这】【样】【的】【地】【方】，【又】【有】【着】【大】【规】【模】【的】【矿】【石】【储】【备】【以】【及】【让】【那】【些】【非】【法】【偷】【猎】【者】【们】【疯】【狂】【的】【野】【外】【生】【物】。 【所】【有】【国】【家】【都】【公】【认】，【也】【许】【非】【洲】【是】【下】【一】【个】【亚】【洲】，【但】【他】【携】【带】【的】【潜】【力】【比】【亚】【洲】【要】【来】【的】【丰】【富】。 【一】【个】【既】【不】【安】【全】六开彩开奖现场2017年559958【和】【之】【国】【的】【决】【战】【要】【开】【始】【了】，【大】【蛇】【将】【军】【已】【经】【坐】【船】【前】【往】【鬼】【岛】，【花】【之】【都】【就】【交】【给】【了】【狂】【死】【郎】【守】【卫】，【如】【果】【狂】【死】【郎】【不】【是】【卧】【底】【的】【话】，【那】【么】【他】【极】【有】【可】【能】【会】【成】【为】【这】【场】【战】【役】【的】【第】【一】【个】【牺】【牲】【品】，【因】【为】【草】【帽】【团】【一】【伙】【人】【还】【在】【都】【城】【呢】，【狂】【死】【郎】【个】【人】【实】【力】【肯】【定】【打】【不】【赢】【草】【帽】【团】【的】，【所】【以】【他】【必】【输】【无】【疑】。【锦】【卫】【门】【这】【边】【已】【经】【开】【始】【去】【鬼】【岛】【了】，【凯】【多】【大】【妈】【在】【道】【路】【上】【已】【经】【铺】【满】【了】【机】【关】，【等】【着】【锦】【卫】【门】【他】【们】【上】【钩】，【不】【过】【这】【场】【巅】【峰】【级】【的】【战】【斗】【已】【经】【传】【达】【海】【军】【总】【部】【了】，【他】【们】【不】【可】【能】【放】【任】【不】【管】，【我】【觉】【得】【博】【士】【也】【将】【要】【出】【场】【了】，【世】【界】【政】【府】【也】【想】【要】【检】【验】【一】【下】【博】【士】【的】【武】【器】，【看】【看】【是】【否】【可】【以】【顶】【替】【七】【武】【海】，【下】【面】【一】【起】【来】【分】【析】【下】【吧】！
【这】【样】【子】，【宝】【莲】【灯】【世】【界】【的】【剧】【情】【算】【是】【结】【束】【了】。 【方】【墨】【去】【全】【程】【推】【动】【了】【剧】【情】【的】【发】【展】，【虽】【然】【用】【了】【几】【年】，【但】【是】，【无】【伤】【大】【雅】，【毕】【竟】，【变】【强】【需】【要】【一】【个】【过】【程】，【不】【可】【能】【一】【蹴】【而】【就】。 【而】【在】【这】【一】【切】【之】【上】，【真】【正】【能】【让】【强】【者】【很】【强】【的】，【还】【是】【一】【颗】【强】【者】【的】【心】。 【佛】【门】，【经】【过】【两】【位】【佛】【门】【圣】【人】【出】【手】，【已】【经】【大】【变】【了】【样】。 【本】【来】【的】【小】【乘】【佛】【教】，【已】【经】【不】【复】【存】【在】
【需】【要】【多】【考】【虑】【一】【下】，【需】【要】【一】【点】【时】【间】，【明】【天】【一】【并】【发】【给】【各】【位】【训】【练】【家】！ 【小】**【抱】【歉】【啦】！ 【难】～
【这】【商】【场】【未】【来】【的】【态】【势】，【不】【容】【小】【觑】【啊】！ 【说】【不】【定】，【这】【里】【面】【还】【有】【林】【家】【的】【手】【笔】【呢】。 【外】【界】【虽】【然】【传】【说】【林】【家】【和】【唐】【家】【不】【和】【睦】，【但】【是】【再】【不】【和】【睦】，【人】【家】【也】【是】【有】【这】【一】【层】【关】【系】【在】【的】，【再】【不】【亲】【近】，【还】【能】【比】【外】【人】【更】【疏】【远】？ 【一】【时】【之】【间】，【对】【苏】【贝】【的】【质】【疑】，【都】【少】【了】【许】【多】。 【林】【问】【语】【很】【兴】【奋】，【跟】【苏】【贝】【下】【台】【后】，【又】【在】【一】【旁】【听】【了】【会】【儿】【生】【意】【经】，【才】【在】【林】【太】【太】